Recording Video With Your Device
1. Select the CAMERA App on your device or PHOTO BOOTH on Apple (laptop/desktop).
- If this is the first time you’re using the app, you may need to give it some permissions.
- Please use a low to medium resolution and please don’t record over 15 minutes.
2. Switch the camera mode to video recording.
- Tap VIDEO (iPhone/iPad).
- The same icon is used to switch between still and moving images (Android).
3. When video mode is active, the camera app’s screen changes slightly.
- Instead of a white circle to take a still photo, there will be a red circle. Touch that to begin recording (iPhone/iPad).
- The shutter icon becomes a record icon. Touch that icon to start recording video (Android).
4. To stop recording, touch the same icon that was used to start.
RELAX and SMILE! We all feel a little awkward the first few times that we record ourselves! Don’t worry about it.
Sending your video
Soon you will be able to drag and drop your video or recording directly into MemberVault, but until then…
1. Click on your photo gallery and select your video.
2. Tap the send icon (box with an arrow pointing up).
3. Select your cloud account (DropBox, Google Drive, etc.).
4. Copy the file link
- Dropbox: click on the three dots next to the file name and select COPY LINK
- Google Drive: click on the three dots next to the file name and select LINK SHARING OFF (this allows this file to be shared and copies the link) or COPY LINK
5. Paste the link into your response field. Remember, this is just a link. If you delete it, we won’t have access to it.
- Go to the question you want to answer and then right click and paste or hold your finger in the spot until paste option pops up.
If all else fails, just email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include your name and contact information and your session number!
- Laptop/desktop – select your mail app, hit compose and drag & drop the files into your open email.
- Mobile Device – select your mail app, hit compose, and attach your video or audio files by slecting the paperclip.